Convenia For Cats With Upper Respiratory Infection
However more severe infections may require treatment prescription pet medication or even hospitalization.
Convenia for cats with upper respiratory infection. Can it be used for upper respiratory infections Can it be used for urinary tract infections Can it be used for skin infections The answer to all of these questions is yes. When in doubt the prognosis for feline upper respiratory infections is good with supportive care. Enter Convenia cefovecin sodium the long-acting antibiotic from Pfizer Animal Health that lasts 10 to 14 days with a single injection.
Convenia is an injectable antibiotic with a unique formulation which means that one injection lasts for a full two weeks most injectable antibiotics are only effective for 24 hours. The injectable vaccine is used more commonly in older kittens and cats but takes longer to mount an immune response. She received a Convenia injection 5 days ago and is all but cured.
Cats commonly go anorexic when congested as nasal congestion takes away their sense of smell and therefore their tasteand most upper respiratory infections are viral or allergic in nature in cats with the bacterial component being secondary making any antibiotic Convenia included of limited benefit. Its a broad-spectrum antibiotic in the simplest terms that means it kills a lot of different kinds of bacteria so it can be used in a wide variety of infected organ systems and clinical and hospital. Every pet and every infection is different.
It is also used in cats to treat urinary tract infections caused by certain specific bacteria. I adopted my now 9 year old cat from a shelter almost a year ago. She has had a nasty upper respiratory infection sneezing snot everywhere congested heavy breathing since even before adopting her.
Symptoms differ depending on the cause and location of the infection but some common clinical signs of upper respiratory problems in cats include. 2 different oral antibiotics did nothing. Convenia manufactured by Zoetis is an injectable long-acting antibiotic that is labeled for the treatment of skin infections in cats and dogs.
Symptoms of feline upper respiratory infections. Keeping this in view how do you give a Convenia injection. Convenia is more than just penicillin.
- Giant Rottweiler Puppies For Sale In Mississippi
- Giant Alaskan Malamute Puppies For Sale Colorado
- German Wirehaired Pointer Puppies Ohio
- German Shorthaired Pointer Breeders North Carolina
- German Shorthaired Pointer Puppies Nc For Sale
- German Shorthaired Pointer Breeders Ohio
- German Shorthaired Pointer Puppies For Sale San Antonio Texas
- German Shorthaired Pointer Puppies For Sale East Texas
- German Shepherd Puppies Rochester Ny
- German Shorthaired Pointer Puppies Columbus Ohio
- German Shepherd Puppies Ohio Akc
- Glass Animals Gooey Lyrics Deutsch
- German Shorthaired Pointer Puppies Mi
- Glass Animals Gooey Meaning
- Giant Stuffed Animals Walmart
- German Shepherd Puppies Texas Rescue
- Giant Rottweiler Puppies For Sale In California
- Giant Schnoodle Puppies For Sale In Pa
- Giant Alaskan Malamute Puppies For Adoption
- Giant Schnoodle Puppies Texas